and honestly, it’s been one of the best years of my life.
Thanks to being hired as a Contributing Editor, so many great things have happened in my life.
- I met some amazing people on the Autostraddle staff who are now some of my favorite friends I’ve ever known
- I got to go to New York City and east of the Rocky Mountains for the first time in my life
- I got to meet amazing twoc heroes like Janet Mock, CeCe McDonald and Laverne Cox
- I started HRT
- I have a literal dream job (like I actually had a dream that autostraddle was hiring people just a day or two before they announced that they were) that is also a job I’ve been wanting since elementary school (being a writer, that is)
- I’m just overall happier and in a much better place than I’ve probably ever been in my life
So I just want to say a huge thank you to everyone at Autostraddle and everyone who reads any of my articles. Especially the Editors, Riese, Rachel, Yvonne and Laneia, thank you so much for giving me this opportunity and for making me into the writer that I am today. To people like Ali, Hansen, Lizz, Gabby, Kate, Cara and Stef for making me feel so at home and welcome and a part of something awesome and amazing. To the rest of the staff, the rest of the contributing editors, all the writers and A-camp staff, the interns and moderators and everyone else, I seriously love all of you way too much to explain.
In the last year, I’ve written 120-something articles for Autostraddle (and contributed to a bunch more round tables, lists and other things), and I feel like I’ve gotten a lot better, as both a writer and a person. I feel like my first article wasn’t that amazing, but it gave me my start as a CE (I’d written for autostraddle a few times before, but this was my first article as a CE). I feel like I’m being totally, I don’t know, something, maybe cliché, maybe cheesy? But seriously, I just want to say a huge thank you to everyone at Autostraddle and everyone who reads my stuff.
And I know this is probably going to sound like all of this was just a ploy so I could ask for money here at the end, but if just a fraction of my followers would be kind enough to subscribe to Autostraddle Plus (and I know that a lot of you actually can literally not afford to, so I’m not trying to guilt anyone), not only would they get access to a bunch of awesome stuff, but they would be helping to support me.